attend the parade!
Saturday, October 21st
6pm to 8pm
The parade takes place in the heart of the Chicago Loop on State Street moving south from Lake Street to Van Buren.
parade viewing tips
- Arts in the Dark is a family-friendly event that is free an open to the public.
- The parade is rain or shine – so be prepared with layers and inclement weather gear if it looks cold or rainy!
- Make sure and arrive early if you’d like a good spot for viewing on the parade route. It tends to get more crowded on the north end of the route.
- The parade route is easily accessible by public transportation. The L stations on State Street will remain open for the parade, but bus routes will rerouted close by since State Street will be closed to traffic. The Millennium Garages Grant Park North and Grant Park South garages are located two blocks east of the parade route on Michigan Avenue and are conveniently located away from street closures.
- IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING!! The Chicago Police Department will have officers moving throughout the parade route – and parade marshals will be posted along the street. Please inform someone if you see something suspicious.